Sunday, November 17, 2013

Last Sunday at Germantown

This was a great day. I have significantly less money than I did this morning, but it was still great. This morning, Rosa and I rushed out the door to catch the train into town, grabbing breakfast at Dunkin Doughnuts along the way. First we went to the Franklin Institute, where we saw a very interesting exhibit on Pompeii and walked through a model of a heart. On our way to the Natural History Museum, we passed the finish line of the Philadelphia Marathon.There were a lot of sweaty people. We got to the museum, I took a picture with the T- Rex outside, and we looked at dinosaur bones. Rosa very patiently waited while I asked a paleontologist how I could get his job. Then we got lunch at a hot dog place that is, apparently, a big deal. It was fine, but the most significant thing was that it began my caffeine spiral of the afternoon. We then started the shopping portion. We went to the store that had the coat, searched everywhere, but couldn't find it. That was a little bit heartbreaking, so I tried to bury my pain by temporarily turning into my shopaholic sister. I think the grand total for the day is one CD, one T-shirt, a very nice sweater, an amazing cupcake, and a pair of jeans, not to mention the coffee, the Diet Coke, and a few train tickets. Buying things is gret, I don't know why I rarely do it. Also, there are apparently stores that just sell 1950's inspired clothing. Stores where I am a small. Stores that have amazing dresses...that are around a hundred dollars each. Yeah. I will return, and buy all of the dresses. It was probably the closest thing I'll get to a Disney movie montage. I mean, we did go to a park where people were swing dancing, so it's possible Philadelphia slipped into movie land for a few minutes. Probably the only downside is we walked quite a bit, and my shoes weren't quite up to the challenge. So right now I'm kind of relaxing and waiting for dinner, which is baby octopus. Not really sure how this is going to go, but I'm going to find out pretty soon. Six more days until my triumphant return to the Midwest!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the coat! However, I think that we can officially re-name this your Flog (food log.) Your brother and sister, Dad, and I are all looking forward to your triumphant return. Still looking for elephant rentals...

    ReplyDelete