Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday

Today I actually benefited from my host family's busy schedule. They picked me up from the house at around noon, and I got some amazing doughnuts. I didn't know that strawberry lavender doughnuts existed before today, but they are now my favorite. Then we picked up Manny, dropped him off somewhere else, and went to a very large market. Which was also excellent, because it had lots of people and lots of food. My host parents went grocery shopping and I wandered (I may have also picked up a few birthday presents..). And I also had an authentic hoagie, and it was pretty delicious. Lesson of the day: I can eat a lot of food in four hours. The soda probably helped, and I got some much needed caffeine. Later on we're going to dinner at a friend's house, the same friend, as it happens, that owns the very nice cafe we went to last weekend, so hopefully there'll be coffee. Today was a great followup to last night's romantic comedy, nail polish, and french toast consumption. Tomorrow we're going to go to some museums, and maybe (hopefully) purchase the coat of my dreams. By this time next week, I'll be at home, which is definitely something to look forward to. Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment