Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday

Today I received an email from a friend (whose name rhymes with Meena) who asked if I was okay, because my blog was sad and obsessed with food. That's honestly not my intention when I'm writing the blog, but since I usually write after school, when I haven't had food yet and I'm tired and cranky. My experience here has been a positive one, I'm just someone who likes to complain. And food is important, and some of the things I've eaten have been worth obsessing over. So now that I've gotten the disclaimer out of the way; today was much better than yesterday. I dealt with the homework problem, and I had a teacher for the last time. I only have three more full days here, which makes it harder to be stressed about homework and quizzes. I still manage, though. I also got an annotated copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin from the English teacher, which is very interesting, so I'll use it for my presentation on Thursday.  Meeting with my uncle after school was probably the more exciting part of the day. We got coffee, which was great because hello, caffeine, and talked. The weird thing is I haven't seen him since eighth grade or something like that, and I'd like to flatter myself that I've changed since then, but he looks pretty much the same. It was very nice to see him, though, and I'll see him again next week at Thanksgiving. Which is also weird, because wasn't it just Halloween? Final side note: I hate to say it, but I think I've caught Rosa's cold thing. However, my superior immune system, and the fact that I probably eat twice the food she eats, have stopped it from developing beyond a runny nose and sore throat. I can hack it three more days. I have an English presentation and a Bio lab to write, so I'll leave on that note. Happy Tuesday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment