Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday

I am so ready to go home. Evidently, it's very hard to pay attention in school when there's no threat of an assessment hanging over your head. My histories are still very interesting, of course, and so is gender studies, but then you get into endless sects of Christianity during the Roman Empire, and Biology, to say nothing of Latin declensions. But tomorrow I pack my bags, since Friday we'll be out pretty late. I've definitely become accustomed to life at the Mykyta- Chomsky's, which mostly involves listening to Manny play the piano at six in the morning and drinking tea. Graham crackers also play a heavy role. It's been very interesting to live with a different family, because it's usually difficult to get a fix on people's daily lives as a more temporary guest. The anthropology part of my brain likes that very much. Also a very nice thing: last night both of my parents called. I kind of communicated with my cat. (Don't worry Tigris, we shall be reunited soon.) I can stop joking about being an orphan with my host parents! Yay! In all honesty, I feel like I've done very well here, maybe not by most people's standards, but by mine. I was less homesick than I thought I'd be (opening lines aside) and reasonably sociable. So five points to Gryffindor and all of that. Speaking of, I went to Harry Potter club today, and we watched the first half hour of the first movie. So if I was sad today, that fixed it. 
Sorry for any in coherency, but the lab report for Biology befuddled my brain and I'm multitasking a little. Enjoy your evening, blog readers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment